Richard Brunette - Recreation Services Manager
Phone: (310) 618-2930
Fax: (310) 618-2903
The Recreation Services Division provides recreational and educational opportunities for persons of all ages and abilities. The wide range of programs and activities offered include: Early Childhood Education programs at several sites for 3-4 year olds; After School Club programs at 15 TUSD elementary and middle schools during the school year; free Park Drop-in Programs for kids in summer at various parks; a wide variety of Aquatic programs and classes at The Plunge pool year-round; various Day Camp programs when school is on break; Middle school teen programs via Co Rec and high school programs at THE ATTIC teen center; a wide variety of programs for Senior Citizens at several locations around the city; Special Needs Programs; various Youth and Adult Sports programs and leagues; tennis at the Las Canchas Tennis Center; golf at the Sea Aire Golf Course; open gym basketball and volleyball activities at the Dee Hardison Sports Center; and a variety of special events throughout the year including the Halloween Carnival, Turkey Trot Fun Run at Thanksgiving, Breakfasts with Santa and Breakfast with The Bunny, arts and crafts boutiques, and Movies in the Park in the summer.
PROGRAMS and FACILITIES:
- A wide variety of Aquatic Programs at The Plunge aquatic facility year-round
- Early Childhood Education Programs at several sites for 3-4 year olds
- After School Club custodial care programs for youth at 15 TUSD elementary and middle schools
- Free Drop-In Park Programs for youth during summer
- Day Camps including Mini Kids Club Camp, Fun Camps, Sports Camp and Teen Camp during school breaks.
- Adult Sports Leagues (Basketball, Softball, Roller Hockey)
- Youth Sports Leagues (Flag Football, Basketball, Volleyball and Dodgeball)
- Youth Sports Recognition Program for accomplished Torrance athletes and teams
- Tennis programs and classes at Las Canchas Tennis Center
- Golf at Sea Aire Golf Course
- Teen Programs for middle school students in the Co-Rec Program and for high school students at THE ATTIC
- Senior Citizen Programs at several facilities including the Bartlett and Tillim Senior Centers
- Special Needs Programs and Special Olympics Programs
- Special Events for the whole family including: Breakfast with Bunny, Halloween Carnival, Breakfast with Santa, Turkey Trot Fun Run on Thanksgiving day, Movies in the Park in the summer and Boutiques to sell and buy handmade arts and crafts.
- Liaison and oversight duties to two City council-appointed Commissions the Torrance Youth Council and the Commission on Aging.