The City of Torrance is excited to offer an in-person, modified day camp program this summer! Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and to ensure the safety of participants and staff, we have made several changes to our summer day camp programs. Information is subject to change and will be updated as needed.
We have a new name: Camp Torrance! Each one week session includes arts, crafts and games. Camp Torrance meets Monday through Friday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. for children ages 6-12. Camp begins the week of July 6 and runs for six weeks. The cost for Torrance residents is $150 and $165 for non-residents.
Registration begins June 24 for Torrance residents. All registration will take place online. Please check your account to confirm your resident status in advance. Registration begins July 1 for non-residents. You can register for the camp program here. Please be sure to register for the specific park and room you are interested in. Transfers may not be available if a program is full.
Camp Torrance is offered at the following locations:
Alta Loma Park, 26126 Delos Drive
El Retiro Park, 125 Vista del Parque Rotary Room (A) and Park Room (B) Week 1 Newsletter
Greenwood Park, 1520 Greenwood Ave. Ceramics Room (A), Kitchen (B) and Room 28 (C)
McMaster Park, 3624 Artesia Blvd. Week 1 Newsletter
Pueblo Park, 2252 Del Amo Blvd.
Sur la Brea Park, 23610 Cabrillo Ave.
General Information and Updates:
- Each park room is limited to 10 campers with 2 staff. To limit the amount of people the campers come into contact with, every attempt will be made to schedule to same 2 staff each day. For camps with more than one room, campers will not interact with campers from the other rooms.
- Staff will clean and disinfect high touch areas throughout the day. Additional cleaning will take place before and after camp each day.
- Campers will be asked health screening questions prior to entering the building each day. Temperatures will be taken with no touch thermometers. Please allow extra time at drop off, as each camper will be screened upon arrival.
- Campers and staff will wear masks during the program. Campers must bring their own masks.
- Campers and staff will maintain social distancing throughout the day. Campers from the same family can be together if they are signed up for the same camp room.
- Park playground equipment will not be used by campers.
- Each camper will have their own craft supplies that will not be shared with others: markers, scissors, glue, etc.
- There will not be any field trips or bus excursions.
- Sign in and out will take place at the door or outside of the camp room.
- Campers will need to bring a bin with a lid for their belongings. The bin will go home with the child at the end of the day.
- Campers will need to bring a lunch, snacks and water each day. Snacks will not be provided by camp.
- Late fees are charged per camper beginning at 4:01 p.m. Please be prompt in picking up your child.
- Weekly Newsletters are available for each camp. They will be updated on Fridays and will be available at the camp.
- All cancellations must be made at least one week prior to the camp starting.
- Registration ends at Thursday at 5:00 p.m. the week before each camp begins.
Please bring a completed Camper Emergency Form and Camp Torrance Waiver to the first day of camp.
If your child needs to take medication while at camp, please complete the Medication Policy.
If your child has a severe allergy, please complete the Severe Allergy Medication Form.
For more information call (310) 618-2930 or refer to the Parent/Guardian Camp Handbook.
Before arriving to camp:
- Complete the Camper Emergency Form and Camp Torrance Waiver.
- Please apply sunscreen for your camper. Staff are no longer allowed to assist with sunscreen application, but they will remind the participants to reapply throughout the day.
- Bring a face covering for your camper each day. Parents/Guardians will be required to wear a face covering at drop off and pick up.
- Remind your camper about social distancing, even with friends. Children from the same family can be close together if they are signed up for the same camp room.
- Please keep your camper at home if they are sick.