Torrance Municipal Water (TMW), a community-owned water utility and a founding member of the Metropolitan Water District (MWD), is dedicated to serving its customers in a cost-effective manner, with a reliable supply of high-quality water, essential to maintaining public health and safety, economic vitality, and community well-being.
The City of Torrance Utilities Customer Service
Customer Service Center
1-855-354-5623 Toll Free
Mail Payments to:
City of Torrance Utilities
P.O. Box 845629
Los Angeles, CA 90084-5629
Local Payment Center:
Torrance City Hall
City Treasurer's Office
3031 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance CA 90503
During regular City Hall business hours.
Report Excessive Water User
Other Torrance Water Providers
Torrance Water Operations
The Torrance Municipal Water Department serves approximately 105,000 residents and business customers covering 78 percent of the City. The Department is responsible for local water supply, the monitoring and maintenance of water quality, planning preventive and predicative maintenance, the operation and repair of the water system, distribution system, and interfacing with the State Health Department and other agencies regarding water quality matters.
- Delivers over 25,000 acre feet (8.1 billion gallons) of both potable (drinking water) and recycled water
supplies to residential, business and industrial customers in the City
- Maintenance and repair of 320 miles of distribution pipelines, 2,700 fire hydrants, 7,500 valves and 26,500 service connections
- Provides responses to emergencies and water outages on a 7 day 24 hour basis
- Responsible for conducting approximately 7,500 water quality tests annually as part of a comprehensive water quality program
Low-Income Senior or Low-Income Permanently Disabled Discounts
To qualify for a senior or handicapped rate, the applicant must be a minimum of 62 years of age or permanently disabled. In addition, your total household income should be no greater than $31,500 for the prior calendar year. If you meet this criteria, please call the City's Finance Department at 1-310-618-5830 and they will mail you the appropriate forms.
For hydrant meters, please call the Customer Service Center at 1-855-354-5623.
Water Quality and Main Breaks
For water main breaks & water quality issues, call toll-free 1-855-354-5623. For water main breaks and emergencies after business hours, call the Torrance Fire Department Dispatch at 310-781-7042.
For all other concerns and non-emergencies, call our 24-hour Customer Service Office toll-free at 1-855-354-5623.
Torrance Municipal Water
- 2011 Water Rate Increase Information
- 2012 Water Rate Increase Information
- 2013 Water Rate Increase Information
- Water Conservation Ordinance #3717 passed March 24, 2009 (PDF)
- Water Conservation Resolution #2009-70 passed July 21, 2009 (PDF)
- Important Message Regarding Water Conservation (PDF)
- Water Wise Planting-List of Native California Plants (PDF)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Urban Water Management Plan, 2005 (PDF)
- Urban Water Management Plan, 2010 (PDF)
- Urban Water Management Plan, 2015 (PDF)
- Water Pressure Map (PDF)
- Back Flow Test Report Form (PDF)
- Water Quality Report 2009 (PDF)
- Water Quality Report 2010 (PDF)
- Water Quality Report 2011 (PDF)
- Water Quality Report 2012 (PDF)
- Water Quality Report 2013 (PDF)
- Water Quality Report 2014 (PDF)
- Water Quality Report 2015 (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Rate Structure 3/1/10 (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Rate Structure 7/1/10 (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Rate Structure 3/1/11 (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Rate Structure 7/1/11 (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Rate Structure 3/1/12 (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Rate Structure 7/1/12 (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Rate Structure 1/1/13 (PDF)
- Water and Sewer Rate Structure 7/1/14 (PDF)
- Water Rates Starting January 1, 2014 (PDF)
- Water Rates Starting January 1, 2015 (PDF)
- Information on Water Fluoridation 2013
- Drinking Water Fluoridation 12/07 (PDF)
- Drinking Water Source Assessment 5/27/15 (PDF)
- Water Service Area (PDF)