City of Torrance Approved Contractors
AMERICAN ARBOR CARE
25889 Belle Porte
Harbor City, CA 90710-3314
|DAVE'S TREE SERVICE
P.O. Box 10104
Torrance, CA 90505
|FINLEY'S TREE AND LAND CARE SERVICES
23022 Crenshaw Blvd.
|MARTINEZ BROTHERS LANDSCAPING
20300 S. Figueroa Street
Carson, CA 90745
|TRAVERS TREE SERVICE CO., INC.
P.O. Box 7000-416
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
|WEST COAST ARBORISTS, INC.
2200 East Via Burton Street
Anaheim, CA 92806
Residential Tree Maintenance
When a new tree is planted, it needs special care to ensure its health and to make sure it thrives.
- Water trees once a week (twice a week if hot or dry) for the first 6 months.
- After 6 months, deep water every 2 or 3 weeks by filling a dirt basin at the bottom of the tree
- Don't let basin overflow
- Water 40 mins for sandy soil or 60 mins for adobe soil
- Don't fertilize for the first 3 months
Some trees must be protected and conserved to maintain the character of the City.
- Beach Avenue between Carson Street and El Dorado Street
- Cabrillo Avenue between Plaza Del Amo and Lincoln Avenue
- Carson Street between Maple Avenue and Crenshaw Blvd.
- Gramercy Avenue South of Plaza Del Amo
- Seaside Rancho Area (Holiday Lights area)
- Torrance Blvd. between Madrona Avenue and Madrid Avenue & between Madrid Avenue and Portola Avenue
- Ocean Avenue between Carson Street and Sepulveda Blvd.