Report illegal dumping at (855) 354-5623 or by using the myTorranceCA app.
If possible, provide the time and location and license plate number of the dumper.
Help keep Torrance beautiful. Illegal dumping can devalue property, present health hazards, and pollute storm water. Debris and pollutants can wash into the storm drain system, causing flooding, clogged drains and damage to wildlife and plants in our oceans.
Torrance residents with City trash and recycling service have one free large item collection of 20 items each year and can pay for additional pickups as needed. Schedule a large Item Pick Up.
Multifamily homes and businesses can check with their trash and recycling hauler about large or bulky item collection at their properties. Property owners can go out to bid to get the best program options for their tenants. A list of trash and recycling haulers with a license to operate in Torrance is available online: List of Private Haulers.
- Freecycle: (has a Torrance group) Freecycle.Org
- LACoMax: Los Angeles County Materials Exchange - https://pw.lacounty.gov/epd/lacomax
For materials that cannot be recycled or reused, Torrance residents can self-haul materials to local Republic owned transfer stations and receive a discounted rate with proof of address (State ID, utility bill, etc.).
Mattress Recycling Program – these transfer stations will also take mattresses for recycling at no charge.
3031 E I Street
2509 W. Rosecrans Ave
Compton (LA), 90059
- Habitat for Humanity Restore: (310) 818-5222 - household and construction items that can be reused.
- SA Recyclers: (310) 329-1034 - metal and appliance recycling.
- 1736 Family Shelter: (310) 543-9900 ext. 217 - gently used furniture only.
- Goodwill: (562) 435-7741
- Salvation Army: (800) 958-7825
- Sisters of Charity: (310) 831-4104