Report an Issue or Submit a Service Request
Street sweeping is necessary to keep our streets and storm drains clean. An average of 12.6 tons is collected per day. Anything that is dumped into the storm drains will go to the ocean. The streets in Torrance are swept Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some major streets and industrial areas are swept during early morning hours to accommodate traffic.
Parking regulations help keep vehicles off the streets so that street sweepers have clear access and can be effective. Red, white, yellow, and green painted curbs are always enforced, even on holidays. Regulations are clearly posted and are enforced all year long except on the following days:
|Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day (3rd Monday in January)||Thanksgiving Day|
|Lincoln's Birthday||Day after Thanksgiving Day|
|President's Day (3rd Monday in February)||Christmas Eve|
|Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)||Christmas Day|
|Independence Day||New Year's Eve|
|Labor Day (1st Monday in September)||New Year's Day|
Street Sweeping Schedule Maps
- Monday Residential Street Sweeping Maps
- Tuesday Residential Street Sweeping Maps
- Wednesday Residential Street Sweeping Maps
- Thursday Residential Street Sweeping Maps
The City of Torrance, Parking Enforcement Officers are responsible for enforcing the Street Sweeping “No Parking” regulations. The Parking Enforcement Officers do not follow the street sweeper. Residents are reminded to not park on the street during the “No Parking” regulation three hour block for street sweeping.
Parking Enforcement will suspend issuing of citations for street sweeping violations during the Winter holiday season, starting on the third Sunday of December and ending January 1st. During this time, residents are reminded that all vehicles determined to be in violation of a parking ordinance other than the street sweeping violation ordinance, will still be subject to a parking citation. Street sweeping operations will remain in effect throughout this period during the holiday period. We encourage residents to move their cars on a voluntary basis. It is essential to keep debris from entering the storm drain system, especially during the rain season. Please contact Traffic Division at (310) 618-5557 to answer any questions on street sweeping parking regulations.
Street sweeping may be canceled on rainy days. If streets are too wet, sweepers cannot remove debris. However, it is advised that you always move your vehicle in accordance with the posted street sweeping signs.
Red, white, yellow, and green painted curbs are always enforced, even on holidays.
What can you do?
- Avoid piling leaves or other debris in streets or gutters.
- Properly dispose of litter, keeping it out of streets, gutters, and storm drains.
- Keep the street in front of your home dry on street sweeping days. Street sweepers are more effective
when the street is dry.
- Don't rake, blow, or sweep leaves or other debris into the streets, gutters, alleys, or storm drains.
- Keep long twigs and branches out of the street, alley, and gutter. Street sweepers have difficulty removing this type of debris.
- Never pour oil, antifreeze, paints or any other liquids or hazardous materials in the streets, gutters, storm drains, alleys, or on the ground. Properly dispose of these materials.
- HEAL THE BAY on storm drain system and pollution problems.
- LA County Storm Water Pollution Prevention.