Free sandbags are available to Torrance residents in living in single-family homes and duplexes. Make sure you're a Torrance Resident.
City of Torrance - City Yard
20500 Madrona Ave.,
Torrance, CA 90503
- Call ahead to make sure a crew is available: (310) 781-6900
- Max of 25 sandbags, depending on availability
- Bring an ID, Driver License, etc., or a Torrance Utility Bill to prove residency
During after-hours storm emergencies, residents may call the Torrance Fire Department at (310) 781-7042 for information on sandbags.
Free Sandbags for LA County Residents
LA County residents can also get free sandbags from certain LA County Firehouses.
Emergency and Disaster Planning
- City of Torrance Emergency Services at (310) 618-5725
- American Red Cross at (310) 330-7762
- Emergency Broadcast information on KFWB 980AM and Torrance CitiCable
- Call 9-1-1 for emergencies such as flooding, roof collapse, fires, gas leaks, and other life-threatening situations