Trash and Recycling
Related Issues or Requests
Sanitation Rates and Fees for Trash Services as of July 1, 2019
|Single Family Residence (64 Gallon)||$32.41|
|Each Additional Residential Unit||$32.41|
|Shared Alley Service||$32.41|
|96 Gallon Refuse Container Option||$33.56|
|Qualifying Low Income Seniors||$9.94 (with 64 gallon refuse container)|
|Qualifying Low Income Disabled||$9.94 (with 64 gallon refuse container)|
|Additional Refuse Containers||$24.31|
|Additional Container Delivery Fee||$11.98|
|Start of Service Fee||$4.79|
|One Large Item Pick-Up (LIPU) per year (20 Items)||$0.00|
|10 Additional Large Item Pick-Ups||$40.00 (non-monthly)|
|20 Additional Large Item Pick-Ups||$80.00 (non-monthly)|
Residents that require roll-off containers or dumpsters must rent them from a private trash company.
- List Private Trash Haulers
- If the container/dumpster is placed on City property, a permit is required. A permit can be only be obtained in person from the Community Development Department. To contact the Community Development Department, email Community_Development_Dept@TorranceCA.Gov or call (310) 618-5898. Office Hours are Monday - Friday, closed every other Friday, from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Sanitation services container size dimensions:
- 64 gallon containers: 40" H x 27.5" W x 30" D
- 96 gallon containers: 46.75" H x 29.25" W x 34.50" D
- Older containers may be slightly smaller
- All change requests, size, and additional containers must be kept for a minimum of 6-months before another change can be requested.
- After submitting your request, leave the container out in an easily accessible and visible place until it is changed out.
- For additional refuse containers, residents must first have the 96 gallon refuse container. Second recycling and green waste recycling containers are free.
- Residents with alley refuse collection (300 gallon shared containers) will be charged the same rate as a 64 gallon refuse container.
Low-Income Senior or Low-Income Permanently Disabled Discounts - Visit Finance Department
To qualify for a senior or handicapped rate, the applicant must:
- Use a 64-gallon refuse container
- Be a minimum of 62 years of age or permanently disabled
- Not exceed maximum household income for the prior calendar year (see Finance Department)
- Call the City's Finance Department at 310-618-5830 for the appropriate forms
If you need to dispose of trash directly please visit a transfer stations. Call locations before visiting to confirm availability.
Residents living City of LA
If you live in a single family residence and are not receiving services it is recommended that you call the City of Los Angeles. The City of Los Angeles Service Request Number is 800-996-2489.