Please call customer service at 855-354-5623 to schedule all large item pick-ups.
Residents with City trash collection can request a free pickup of large or bulky items can be requested. Large item collection is available on an on-call basis once per calendar year per address for free. Additional Large Item collection is available at a low cost.
- The City will pick up 20 items per pick up.
- Small items must be tied in bags.
- To schedule your once a year large item pickup, call our customer service office toll-free at 855-354-5623, Monday through Thursday, 7:30 am to 5:30 pm
- Your pick up will be scheduled on a Tuesday or Wednesday.
- Place items where recycling is picked up, at least five feet away from your trash and recycling containers.
- Torrance Municipal Code states that materials cannot be placed for collection earlier than 12 hours before the
- Cancellations must be made at least one day in advance of your scheduled pickup.
The following are NOT collected as part of this program:
- Construction materials (examples: wood, concrete, bricks, and drywall)
- Major yard cleanup debris (examples: trunks and stumps, sod, and dirt)
- Wall-to-wall carpeting
- Auto parts
- Spas, hot tubs
- Pianos, organs
- Household hazardous wastes, including TVs, computer monitors, and electronics
Residents are also encouraged to consider recycling any items in usable condition by donating them to a non-profit organization. The following organizations provide pick-up or drop-off service:
- Goodwill: 562-435-7741
- Salvation Army: 800-958-7825
- Habitat for Humanity: 310-323-5665
If you wish to discard a working refrigerators you may be entitled to a rebate from Southern California Edison.
For residents who have items the City will not take, or for those who have already used the large item pick up for
the year, local transfer stations are open to the public. Please call ahead for prices, accepted materials, recycling options or other requirements.
NOTE: Large Item Collection is not available during the time of our Christmas tree recycling program, which usually starts after Christmas and continues for about two weeks. Please call at least three weeks before the Christmas tree pick up begins to allow time to schedule the large item pick up for the year.
Christmas trees are collected separately from the regular refuse for recycling for about two weeks each year for those who are served by the City of Torrance for refuse collection.