Tree Trimming and Removal
Please don't hurt our trees! Topping and pruning isn't allowed in Torrance, and trimming or removable should only be done by a city approved/licensed landscaper. Trees in certain areas of Torrance must be protected and conserved and are not allowed to removed or trimmed.
- Call us! We'll inspect the tree and save you some time
- Free permits are required for cutting and trimming City Trees
- Removal permits require a reimbursable $250 deposit per tree
- Must be the property owner to apply for permit
- Permits are available at the Public Works Department City Yard
- Call us and we'll mail you one!
- Sometimes we can hand-deliver depending on our routes
- Resident must hire a City-approved contractor at their own cost
- We give you a list of approved contractors with the permit application
- Rotting, disease, or infestation
- Curb/sidewalk/street repairs
- Structural damage
- The City does not remove City trees for sewer damage, concrete damage, or views
Street Tree Master Plan
The Street Tree Master Plan was created to enhance and preserve the City's trees by having a set list of recommended trees that would best fit each area of the city. The plan is always improving and is updated as we learn about new advancements and techniques in urban forestry.