Report an Issue or Submit a Service Request
City tree trimming crews and our tree contractor (West Coast Arborists) work their way through the city by zones, tree species, as well as service requests. Some tree species grow faster than others and therefore need trimmed more often. Our city wide average is approximately a 3-4 year trim cycle. Emergencies, weather, and service request do have an effect on this schedule. For questions regarding tree trimming or when your tree is scheduled to be trimmed please call the Public Works Department.
Tree Trimming Permit
If preferred, The City’s Street Tree Policy allows homeowners to have the City tree in front of their property trimmed by a City approved private contractor through a permit process. There is no charge for the City permit; however property owners are responsible for contacting the contractor and for all costs associated with the work. The list of approved contractors is issued with the trimming permit. Applications may be obtained by calling 310.781.6900 or at the City Clerk’s Office.
Special Designated Areas
The Street Tree Policy established special designated areas in the City of Torrance where street trees are protected and preserved. These areas are exempt from the permit process.
- Beach Avenue between Carson Street and El Dorado Street
- Cabrillo Avenue between Plaza Del Amo and Lincoln Avenue
- Carson Street between Maple Avenue and Crenshaw Blvd.
- Gramercy Avenue South of Plaza Del Amo
- Seaside Rancho Area (Holiday Lights area)
- Torrance Blvd. between Madrona Avenue and Madrid Avenue & between Madrid Avenue and Portola Avenue
- Ocean Avenue between Carson Street and Sepulveda Blvd.