Final Environmental Inspection Requirements
The following are items that should be completed prior to requesting a final inspection from the Environmental Division (each item will not apply to all projects):
- Irrigation and landscape in the front yard.
- Driveway paved.
- Garage interior dimensions 18' x 20' free and clear of obstructions.
- Structure(s) painted.
- Not more than 50% of the front yard may be paved (including walkways).
- Appropriate setback area between property lines and structure(s).
- Verify bedroom sizes according to approved plans.
- Minimum 4" address numerals visible from the street and/or alley.
- Removal of port-o-pots, construction debris and materials.
- Guest parking spaces permanently labeled and wheel stops installed.
- Storage (if in garage must be 4'6" above the floor and not project more than 3' into parking area.
- Oil well vent locations.
- Minimum 5' high fencing for pools and spas.
- Parking spaces double-line striped and sized to meet Code.
- Handicap parking and signage to meet Code.
- Roof and ground equipment screened from view.
- Irrigation and landscape installed.
- Minimum 6" address numerals.
- If building signage is installed it must be approved and permitted.
If required, trash enclosure or trash enclosure upgrades must be completed
Senior Environmental Quality Officers
Sharron Jones (310) 618-5924
Nora Duncan (310) 618-5912
Environmental Quality Officers
Ken Brady (310) 618-5985
Hilda Colclasure (310) 781-7672
Jana Dartois (310) 618-5867
Mark Fujimori (310) 618-5876
Karen Guevara (310) 618-5946
NOTE: To request a Final Inspection, please call (310) 618-5927 and leave a message. An Environmental Quality Officer will return your call.