When there is an emergency, get the information first with TorranceAlerts.
The City of Torrance mass emergency notification system, TorranceAlerts, enables you to receive informational messages from the City in the event of an emergency.
TorranceAlerts is a free service provided by the City to help make sure you have the information you need when you need it.
Registering for the system should be part of your personal emergency preparedness plan.
Information sent through TorranceAlerts system is intended to help keep you updated should the City or region experience a
significant event such as an earthquake, fire, public health emergency or similar situation
Sign up and customize your settings to choose what kind of information you want and the method by which you want to receive messages.
You can also download the ContactBridge Mobile Member app on your smart phone to stay updated.
Help Spread the Word about TorranceAlerts
Do you want to help spread the word about TorranceAlerts to your family, friends, neighbors and colleagues?
By helping people to register for TorranceAlerts, you are helping them to stay informed in the event of an emergency. They also can op-in for information about major weather events, traffic, community events and much more.
Of course, word of mouth is a great way to let people know about TorranceAlerts. But there are several other ways to spread the word, including:
- Create a link as a signature in your e-mails using a TorranceAlerts image.
- Share this flyer, either by printing and distributing it or by sending it as a digital file. Or use it in your newsletter or blog.
- If you want a more streamlined image, try a TorranceAlerts
- If you know people without e-mail, offer to help register them online..
- If you run a community website, use this html code to add TorranceAlerts to your website.
- Download and add a TorranceAlerts logo to your publications.
|Right click save image as||Right click save image as|
TorranceAlerts: Official Statement
The City of Torrance, in an effort to keep all residents, visitors and other interested persons informed in the event of an emergency, implemented its TorranceAlerts system earlier this year.
The City has been doing outreach via social media, community events, meetings and other avenues to inform the public of this service, how it works and how to register for the TorranceAlerts system.
Click here for an official statement that offers guidance on how to register for the system, and how individuals can help us improve the notification rate.
Remember, if we can't reach you, we can't alert you.
1. Any individual using a VoIP phone service is responsible for configuring their 9-1-1 information. Residential VoIP service providers offer a variety of control over the 9-1-1 information displayed for or associated with the caller.
2. Local businesses should contact their carrier and ask to check their Master Street Address Guide (MSAG) information.
3. Individuals should work with their provider to set their 9-1-1 information. Residential VoIP location features are not part of the MSAG system.
a. Examples of VOIP providers are
2. Phone Power
b. Individuals need to verify with Frontier and ATT if they have VOIP setting such as Frontier Fios and ATT U-verse.