We are currently accepting applications for various upcoming volunteer opportunities. Please visit The Volunteer Program page to learn more and complete a volunteer application.
The Torrance Police Department Volunteer Program was established in August of 1992. Volunteers provide services to various groups within the Police Department, as well as services to community events.
Volunteer duties generally include the following activities:
- Administrative (clerical) support
- Data input
- Receptionist activities
- Community Relations support
- Numerous special projects
- Neighborhood Watch Program support
- Vacation Checks
- Animal Control
- No experience necessary, will train!
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
Volunteers are subject to personal background checks through the Department of Justice system.
Please refer volunteer questions to Keith Montoya - Torrance Police Department Volunteer Coordinator at KMontoya@TorranceCA.Gov.