Fire Auxiliary Program
Torrance Fire Auxiliary Program
The City of Torrance Fire Department Auxiliary Fire Fighter program provides Fire Academy graduates with an opportunity to apply their acquired skills and gain insight, while preparing for a fire service career. Auxiliary Fire Fighters respond to emergencies, assist with Fire prevention inspections, and maintain apparatus, equipment and stations. They also participate with training and public education. View the program flyer here.
Participants in this internship program will be expected to commit to volunteer (unpaid) one year of service. The schedule for this program is one 24 hour shift per week.
When you successfully complete this one year training program, participants will be equipped to enter a career as a Fire Fighter and eligible for:
- Firefighter 1 Certification from the Office of State Fire Marshal
- Opportunity for promotional consideration as a Torrance Fire Fighter
The Minimum Requirements to become a Fire Auxiliary are:
- Graduation from a California State Certified Fire Academy
- California Emergency Medical Technician-1 Certification
- A valid CA Drivers License
- Current CPAT or Biddle Certification prior to start date.
Please email above documentation to Janice Tersigni at JTersigni@TorranceCA.Gov