The Fire Planning and Development section of the City of Torrance Fire Department interacts with developers, architects and engineers to meet fire protection and hazardous materials requirements for building and developments by reviewing all architectural blue prints, development plans and proposals submitted in the City of Torrance. This includes conditional use permits, temporary use permits, Fire Code permits, site development, environmental impact reports, Fire and Building plan review and underground tank plan review.
Fire Plan Review Submittal Requirements
- The licensed contractor commissioned to perform the work will submit and pick-up the plans.
- Completely fill out Fire Application 2019-2020
- Provide copies of all required State and City of Torrance business licenses
- Provide three sets of plans
- Plans shall be legible and scaled.
- Provide listings and specifications of all materials listed on plans
- Plan Check and Permit Fees are due upon submittal effective 03/01/2011.
TFD Plan Submittal Requirements:
(Attach a checked copy of the TFD Plan Submittal Requirements to plan submittal)
- TFD Fire Sprinkler Plan Submittal Requirements
- TFD Fire Sprinkler Supply/Fire Main Submittal Requirements
- TFD Fire Alarm Plan Submittal Requirements
- TFD Commercial Hood System Submittal Requirements
TFD Plan Installation Notes:
- TFD Fire Alarm Installation Plan Notes
- TFD Fire Sprinkler 13D Installation Plan Notes
- TFD Fire Sprinkler 13 Installation Plan Notes
The City of Torrance Standard Operating Guidelines for the construction of buildings and roads in the City:
City of Torrance Specifications:
- Fire Hydrants (1)
- Fire Hydrants (2)
- Knox Rapid Entry Systems
- Knoxbox website (where to order)
- FDC Signs
- PIV Signs
- Riser Signs
- Fire Lanes Signage
NFPA Testing and Certification Documentation:
- NFPA 72 Fire Alarm Record of Completion
- NFPA 13 Contractors Materials and Test Certificate for Underground Piping
- NFPA 13 Contractors Materials and Test Certificate for Aboveground Piping
The Plan Check turnaround is approximately 3-4 weeks.
Payment must be submitted with the plans effective 03/01/2011. When plans are completed, the plans examiner will contact the applicant and inform him or her. Checks should be made out to the "City of Torrance."