The Fire Planning and Development section of the City of Torrance Fire Department interacts with developers, architects and engineers to meet fire protection and hazardous materials requirements for building and developments by reviewing all architectural blue prints, development plans and proposals submitted in the City of Torrance. This includes conditional use permits, temporary use permits, Fire Code permits, site development, environmental impact reports, Fire and Building plan review and underground tank plan review.
Fire Plan Review Submittal Requirements
- The licensed contractor commissioned to perform the work will submit and pick-up the plans.
- Completely fill out Fire Application 2018-2019
- Provide copies of all required State and City of Torrance business licenses
- Provide three sets of plans
- Plans shall be legible and scaled.
- Provide listings and specifications of all materials listed on plans
- Plan Check and Permit Fees are due upon submittal effective 03/01/2011.
The following are the Torrance Fire Departments Plan Submittal Requirements:
(Attach a checked copy of the TFD Plan Submittal Requirements to plan submittal)