FIRE PROTECTION BUSINESS AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
When someone enters your business to perform any type of fire protection work, they must do four things before you should EVEN CONSIDER retaining their services:
- They must introduce themselves as to what company they are from and produce a business card.
- They must present a copy of a current City of Torrance business license for the company they represent, a California Fire Marshal picture identification, and a C-16 or C-10 license issued by the California Contractors State License Board.
- They must tell you what they intend to do and what the estimated costs will be. (DO NOT ever pay in cash! Invoicing and record keeping are important for your business and legal avenues.)
- They must leave any parts that they have replaced and charged you for. They must leave you with a signed invoice.
REMEMBER, you can always refuse service and request that a Torrance Fire Department Inspector visit your business. We will gladly advise you of any needed service. We also have a list of approved and qualified vendors. Call 310-618-2973 for any assistance or questions. Thank you for helping us combat fraud.
- Fire Marshal Robert Millea