1. The City of Torrance will henceforth be referred to as "the City." The Special Events & Filming Office will henceforth be referred to as "the SEFO."
2. "Special Event" will refer to any public event which will take place on public property whose attendance may exceed 500.
3. The individual, business, or other group wishing to engage in the special event will be referred to as "the Applicant" or "the Production Organization."
4. "Special event activity" includes all delivery, set-up and clearing of equipment, construction and strike-down, food preparation and service to crew and participants, parking of vehicles, and any other activity associated with the event preparation, operation, and tear-down.
5. "Normal event hours" are 6:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
6. "Extended event hours" refers to any event activity that occurs between 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. everyday.
7. "Weekend event hours" refers to any special event activity on Saturdays, Sundays and holidays.
8. "Adjacent area" refers to any location on private or public property immediately bordering the property lines of the event location.
9. "Event location" refers to the specific place where special event activity is taking place.