Conditions Of Use
Public Safety Requirements
1. It is the responsibility of the Production Organization to dispose of any refuse or debris resulting from their activities in public areas, as well as restoring public property to its original condition.
2. At the discretion of the Torrance Fire Department and Torrance Police Department, certain conditions may prompt special requirements. Production companies will be obligated to comply with these conditions.
The following activities are prohibited without written consent of the Police Chief, Fire Chief, or their designee:
2. Gunfire or blank fire
3. Bullhorns, sirens, public address systems
5. Fire / Flames
Terms And Conditions
1. The Production Organization agrees to abide by the rules and regulations of the City of Torrance Municipal Code and any local, state, or federal regulations.
2. The Production Organization shall assume full responsibility for activities at the event, as well as any liability caused by, arising out of, or in any way connected with the conducts of the event, except those caused by sole negligence of the City. To the maximum extent permitted by law, the Production Company agrees to indemnify, defend, and save harmless the City, City Council, and all its officers, employees, and agents from and against any and all losses, liability, expenses, and claims for damages of any nature.
3. The City, its officers, employees, and agents are not liable for any loss, damage, liability, claims, demands, detriments, costs, charges, and expenses (including attorney's fees).
4. The City, its officers, employees, and agents are not liable for any personal injuries or death associated with the event. This includes, but is not limited to, employees, subcontractors, agents and invitees of the City, the Production Company, or any other entity connected to the work to be performed pursuant to this agreement.
5. At the discretion of the City Manager, City employees may be assigned to be present at functions, and City employees may enter the premises at any time on any occasion. City employees have complete authority over the facility, equipment, participants, and activities.
6. While The City agrees it will not unreasonably exercise a right of termination, it reserves the right to refuse a permit request or nullify a permit if:
a. conflict arises in scheduling with another event
b. a negative recommendation is issued from a local law enforcement agency
c. there is insufficient liability insurance
d. the Production Organization fails to perform any portion of the agreement
e. the Production Organization fails to comply with conditions applied by respective City departments
f. if it is deemed necessary for the public welfare or there is undesirable liability exposure
g. fees remain outstanding by the Production Organization to the City