- Learn about PBF Energy and the Torrance Refinery
Sign Up for Torrance Refining Company Updates
- The Torrance Refining Company 24-hour hotline number is (310) 505-3158
Updates and Information
The SCAQMD Board has agreed to suspend rule development in lieu of the refineries' voluntary measures. The only requirement for staff is to report back to the Refinery Committee in one year as to their progress.
SCAQMD intends to contact the refineries in order to make such a report. SCAQMD expects staff will to provide an update on the emerging technologies at that point as well. Details are found in the Safety Enhancement document and SCAQMD Resolution.
- Refinery Committee Meeting Minutes for June 22, 2019
- SCAQMD Refinery Committee Meeting for June 22, 2019 - Agenda and Presentation Now Available
- AB 617 Community Steering Committee Meeting 6/13
- Refinery Fenceline Air Monitoring Community Meetings
- Public comments on South Coast AQMD Refinery Fenceline Air Monitoring Plans are now available
- AB 617 Community Steering Committee Meeting
- SCAQMD Rule 1180 Refinery Fenceline Monitoring Plans are Available for Public Comment - Extended to January 11, 2019
- South Coast Air Quality Management District's Adviser Newsletter. Click here for current issue. (November/December 2018)
- SCAQMD Rule 1180 Refinery Fenceline Monitoring Plans are available For Public Comment.
- Press Release: SCAQMD Refinery Committee Directs Development of Measure to Phase Out Toxic Chemical at Two Refineries
- Notice of Proposed Title V Significant Permit Revision
- SCAQMD's Draft Budget and Work Program and PAR III - Fees for Fiscal Year (FY) 2018-19- Draft Staff Report
- Public Consultation Meeting Notice for Proposed Rule 408 - Circumvention
- Public Consultation Meeting Notice for Proposed Rule 120 - Credible Evidence
- Proposed Rule 1180
Refinery Fenceline and Community Air Monitoring
- U.S. Chemical Safety Board Releases Final Report into 2015 Explosion at ExxonMobil Refinery in Torrance
- Video: U.S. Chemical Safety Board May 3, 2017 Press Conference
- Video: U.S. Chemical Safety Board Animation of 2015 Explosion at ExxonMobil Refinery in Torrance
- Read about the April 1, 2017 SCAQMD Refinery Committee Hearing on Torrance Refining Co.
- Resolution No. 2017-23 - Refinery Safety Efforts
New California Laws
- AB 1646, Muratsuchi. Hazardous Materials: Unified Program Agency: Integrated Alerting and Notification System
- AB 1647, Muratsuchi. Petroleum Refineries: Air Monitoring Systems
- AB 1649, Muratsuchi. Oil Refineries: Public Safety