The mission of the City of Torrance is to encourage and respond to community participation as we provide for an attractive, clean, safe, secure and enriching environment that assures a high quality of life. Our vision of the City of Torrance is of a premier City thriving in a global community while building on the past, taking action in the present, and pursuing a dynamic future.
The Volunteer Program provides an avenue by which the City and its citizens can work together to achieve the goals and objectives set forth in the Strategic Plan. Volunteerism allows residents to contribute time and skills in various ways to the community, enriching their lives as well as the lives of others.
The following lists the detailed goals and objectives of the City of Torrance Volunteer Program:
- Supplement and compliment existing citywide programs
- Extend services and initiate new and innovative programs that could not be otherwise provided
- Empower volunteers with the opportunity to gain public awareness of the operations of a public agency
- Enable the public with the means to provide more input in the development of their community
- Provide positive opportunities for volunteers to utilize their talents in a constructive manner while fulfilling their own needs
- Enable volunteers with an avenue to gain knowledge and experience
- Develop and enhance a greater understanding and appreciation between City staff and volunteers
- Extend a sense of pride and purpose to all participants
3231 Torrance Blvd., Torrance, CA 90503
Office Hours: Monday - Friday, closed every other Friday
7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Volunteer Program: (310) 618-2967
City Hall Map: click here