Bona-fide Torrance-based, non-profit groups may submit events to be included in the Torrance citywide calendar pending approval. The City of Torrance Citywide Calendar System Administrator (Office of Cable and Community Relations) is responsible for determining which events are appropriate for posting and then approving a calendar entry. The administrator also has the capability to submit the event to other calendars so that your event may be posted on more than one calendar if appropriate. Events must occur within Torrance city limits to be considered for inclusion and submitted within the categories already identified within the calendar. Upon submission, the following information should be included: How To Submit
Free Household Hazardous Waste and E-Waste Collection
Dispose of Household Hazardous Material at Rancho Palos Verdes City Hall/City Yard
- Date: 03/30/2019 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM
- Location: Rancho Palos Verdes City Hall/City Yard
30940 Hawthorne Blvd.
Rancho Palos Verdes, California 90275
- Introduction: Households Only - No Businesses. Dispose of Hazardous and Electronic Waste Properly.
What you CAN bring to an event (examples):
• Brake fluid, paint*, paint thinner, cleaners with acid or lye, pesticides or herbicides, household batteries and car batteries, pool chemicals, motor oil, oil filters, expired pharmaceuticals, anti-freeze, and fluorescent light bulbs.
* You can also recycle paint at participating retailers through the
PaintCare Program. Details at www.PaintCare.org or (855) 724-6809.
• Household electronic waste including: Computer monitors, televisions, computer CPUs, keyboards, printers, cell phones, etc.
What you CAN’T bring to an event:
• Waste from businesses.
• Explosives, ammunition and radioactive materials.
• Trash and tires.
• White goods such as refrigerators, stoves and washing machines,etc.
• Controlled substances.
How to prepare items for transportation:
• Bring the items in a sturdy box, preferably in their original labeled containers.
• Do not mix the items together.
• There is a limit of 15 gallons or 125 pounds of hazardous waste per trip.
• Be prepared to leave your containers and boxes. Remove all other items from your trunk.