Bona-fide Torrance-based, non-profit groups may submit events to be included in the Torrance citywide calendar pending approval. The City of Torrance Citywide Calendar System Administrator (Office of Cable and Community Relations) is responsible for determining which events are appropriate for posting and then approving a calendar entry. The administrator also has the capability to submit the event to other calendars so that your event may be posted on more than one calendar if appropriate. Events must occur within Torrance city limits to be considered for inclusion and submitted within the categories already identified within the calendar. Upon submission, the following information should be included: How To Submit
Heal the Bay Nothin' But Sand
- Date: 01/19/2019 10:00 AM - 12:00 PM
- Location: 3031 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, California 90503
PROTECT WHAT YOU LOVE
We provide the supplies, all you need to do is register, sign a waiver, and show up!
- Each volunteer registers individually unless they are with a youth group or family
- Individuals under 18: Reserve a ticket and bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup
- Group Leaders: You can register groups of 2-100 people under the Youth Group ticket type. All participants need a signed waiver form
- Families: Reserve a ticket and write in the names of partner/children
- Sold out? If general admission sells out, you can register at the cleanup. However, you will be responsible for bringing your own cleanup supplies: a bucket or trash bag, and a garden glove or latex gloves
Sign a Waiver
- Individuals over 18 and Families sign a virtual waiver through Eventbrite (when reserving a ticket)
- Group and Individuals Under 18 must bring a signed waiver form to the cleanup.
- Service hour forms will be signed by the beach captain at the end of the cleanup. Please do this the day of the cleanup as we cannot verify service hours after the event
- Help us make Nothin’ But Sand a zero-waste event by bringing your own buckets, garden gloves, and a reusable water bottle
- Be prepared to be outside for 2-3 hours. Beach weather can be unpredictable, so we recommend dressing in layers. Water is available at all cleanups.
- If you have any questions or concerns please email our Beach Programs Manager.
Note: Nothin' But Sand is a rain or shine event. Cleanups are only cancelled for lightning or thunderstorms. We will still hold the cleanup in light and steady rain.