Bona-fide Torrance-based, non-profit groups may submit events to be included in the Torrance citywide calendar pending approval. The City of Torrance Citywide Calendar System Administrator (Office of Cable and Community Relations) is responsible for determining which events are appropriate for posting and then approving a calendar entry. The administrator also has the capability to submit the event to other calendars so that your event may be posted on more than one calendar if appropriate. Events must occur within Torrance city limits to be considered for inclusion and submitted within the categories already identified within the calendar. Upon submission, the following information should be included: How To Submit
2018 SEED AWARDS SoCal Environmental Excellence Development
Application deadline is July 31, 2018.
- Date: -
- Introduction: SBBEC will be honoring local individuals, groups, and businesses that have exhibited excellence in helping to improve environmental sustainability and quality of life in the South Bay. Nominees will be recognized at a ceremony to be held in the Fall. Please nominate yourself or someone you know!
The South Bay Business Environmental Coalition (SBBEC) will be honoring local individuals, groups, and businesses that have exhibited excellence in helping to improve environmental sustainability and quality of life in the South Bay. Nominees will be recognized at a ceremony to be held in the Fall. Please nominate yourself or someone you know! Application deadline is July 31, 2018.
- Complete nominee information section
- Choose a category that best suits nominee (more than one may be selected)
- Answer nominee questions (detailed answers strongly encouraged
- Previous applicants must submit a one page supplement describing program updates
- Email to SBBEC at SEED@sbbec.org by July 31, 2018
- ENVIRONMENTAL LEADERSHIP: Demonstrated exceptional leadership and made notable, voluntary contributions to conserving precious resources, protecting and enhancing our environment, or building partnerships with businesses, encouraging them to improve their business practices and invest in conservation
- POLLUTION PREVENTION: Created and implemented environmental stewardship practices that includes pollution prevention, waste reduction and natural resource protection.
- EDUCATION & OUTREACH: Raised awareness of, and involvement in, environmental issues.
- RESOURCE PRESERVATION: Showed achievements in conserving natural resources and reducing costs by incorporating efforts such as waste prevention, reuse, recycling, composting, environmentally-preferable purchasing, and product design and stewardship.
- INNOVATION: Demonstrated project, program or initiative that has provided innovative solutions that protect, restore or preserve the environment.
- BRIDGE-BUILDER AWARD: This award was created in honor of Steve Uselton, a waste management expert for CalRecycle, who worked diligently to connect local government with businesses to address environmental concerns. To be considered for this award, please describe the collaborative efforts required, the stakeholder groups involved, and obstacles that needed to be overcome in order to achieve a successful result in an environmental project or initiative.