Bona-fide Torrance-based, non-profit groups may submit events to be included in the Torrance citywide calendar pending approval. The City of Torrance Citywide Calendar System Administrator (Office of Cable and Community Relations) is responsible for determining which events are appropriate for posting and then approving a calendar entry. The Administrator also has the capability to submit the event to other calendars so that your event may be posted on more than one calendar if appropriate. Events must occur within Torrance city limits to be considered for inclusion and submitted within the categories already identified within the calendar. Follow the directions below for submitting events to the Calendar:
- Go to www.TorranceCA.Gov/Events.
- Click on the link labeled "Community" located in the left
hand column of the page beneath "Calendars."
- Click on the yellow icon labeled "SUBMIT EVENT" located
at the top of the page.
- Fill in the form with the pertinent event information (Title, Title Image, Date, Start Time, End Time, etc.).
- Clear and concise title
- Example: Hawaiian Holiday Fashion Show Luncheon
- Name of organization hosting the event
- Example: Torrance Woman's Club
- Purpose of event
- Example: A fund-raising event to benefit high
school scholarships and El Camino College Nursing Scholarships
- Date and Time
- Example: Saturday, March 24, 2007, 11:00 a.m.
- 2:30 p.m.
- Location (use uniform identification for locations)
- Example: Torrance Woman's Club Clubhouse
Cost (if applicable) : Suggested Donation: $35.00
Contact information: Kathleen Smith
- Brief event description, which must answer the following:
who, what, where,
when, why, how unless already given above.
- Hyperlink to a full-blown ad or to the specific location
on the non profit website where more details may be found
- Example: http://www.torrancewomansclub.org/
After filling out the form completely, click on the link labeled
"Add" located near the bottom of the page to complete
the event submission process. Upon receipt of an event submission,
our office will contact you if there any concerns with posting
the event on the Calendar. If there are none, the event should
appear on the Calendar within one working day from when it was
Ongoing and Recurring Events
Ongoing and recurring events hosted by non-profit organizations may also
be submitted for inclusion in the calendar; however, organizations must
notify the Citywide Calendar Administrator of any cancellation or change
to event details within 72 business hours of the event.
Notification may be made via email or phone to the Torrance Calendar at the Office of Cable and Community Relations
Office of Cable and Community Relations
3350 Civic Center Drive, Suite 200
Torrance, CA 90503
Phone: (310) 618-5762
Fax: (310) 781-7132
Failure of Notification:
- The first time an organization fails to notify the City will result in
- The second failed notification will result in suspension from inclusion
in calendar for a quarter.
- The third failed notification will result in suspension from inclusion
in calendar for one year.
Right of Refusal:
The City of Torrance holds the right to refuse approval to any event or
organization requesting inclusion in the citywide calendar listing.