CLASS IS FULL Upcoming dates: Friday, November 20th (6-9 PM) and Saturday, November 21st (8 AM - 9 PM)
The Women's Self-Defense program is a self-defense program for women. It is a free 12 hour training seminar that will teach you how to protect yourself and the ones that you love by detecting, preventing and deterring violent encounters.
Our Instructional Objective is to develop and enhance the options of self-defense so they may become viable considerations to a woman who is attacked.
A self-defense program for women that:
- Has established standards of acceptability for female self-defense programs
- Offers no-nonsense, practical techniques of defense
- Has researched the effects of the "Fight or Flight Syndrome"
- Offers advanced self-defense courses that build upon the Basic Physical Defense Systems
- Provides static, fluid, and dynamic hands-on training
- Provides students with a comprehensive reference manual
- Has a free lifetime "Return and Practice" policy
The class is restricted to attendees 14 years of age or older. For those ages 14 & 15, a mother or other female guardian must attend the class as well (or at minimum be present during the class). For those 16 & 17 years old, a parent or guardian must sign a waiver but need not be present.
The first class session will be the classroom presentation and the second day will be the practical application. Wear comfortable clothing like sweats or leggings to cover the knees, and athletic shoes.
This program is instructed by certified members of the Torrance Police Department and is held at the Torrance Police Department. For more information on this program, contact Lieutenant Chris Roosen firstname.lastname@example.org or Lieutenant Jeremiah Hart at email@example.com.
To sign up for the class, click here
To watch a video of our class, click here
For class flyer click here