Youth Council participates in many activities throughout the year. Listed below are some annual activities that involve Youth Council. The ones indicated by an asterisk (*) indicate that outside teen volunteers are welcome to participate. Activities indicated by a double asterisk (**) are sponsored by THE ATTIC with Youth Councils assistance and all high school youth are invited to attend.
If you are a high school student interested in volunteering please call Debbie Reed at (310) 618-2949.
Workshop (September 2016 @ THE ATTIC)
October 2016 Talent Show for Bartlett Senior Citizens (Monday, October 10, 2016)*
Turkey Trot Run on Thanksgiving Day (November 27, 2016; 6:45 -10:00 a.m.)
Christmas Boutique (Sunday, December 11, 2016; 9:00 a.m.- 4:00 p.m.)
Youth Forum; February 7 @ THE ATTIC Time: 8:30 a.m. -2:30 p.m.) if you are interested, sign up in your school's Activities Office. All Torrance are High School students are invited to spend the day discussing debates and thought talks of what is going on in the world and your community.
ASB Bowl/Mixer; TBA at THE ATTIC. ASB's from all Torrance High School ASB's are invited.
THE ATTIC's Prom Fashion Show; Saturday, March 18, 2017 11:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
THE ATTIC's Pancake Breakfast;** (Saturday, April 21, 2017 from 7:00 -11:00 a.m.)*
Coffee House, ** Friday, April 25, 2014; 6:00 -9:00 p.m. American Cancer Society Fundraiser @ THE ATTIC
JSA Spring State; TBA
- Beat the Odds Scholarship Program; (Thursday, May 4, 2017; 6:00 p.m. -9:00 p.m.) @ THE ATTIC
- THE ATTIC'S Job and Volunteer Service Fair: (Wednesday, May 10, 2017; 3:00-5:00 p.m.) at THE ATTIC
- Armed Forces Day Luncheon and Parade (Saturday, May 13, 2017 @ 11:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.)
- Community Service Project - joint venture with Torrance Unified School District 8th grade middle school students and high school students representing service clubs. Earn Community Service hours Saturday, May 13, 2017 @ THE ATTIC (8:00 a.m. - 11:00 a.m.)
- Torrance Talks Program; (Friday, May 19, 2017; 6:00 p.m. -9:00 p.m.) @ THE ATTiC
City Council Recognition of outgoing Youth Council members; TBA