The Benstead Plunge was opened to the public in 1956. It is now an Olympic sized 50 x 20 meter outdoor pool. During the school year the bulkhead allows for multiple programs and provides a 25 yard and 25 meter course. Take advantage of this great facility by making swimming at the Plunge a daily part of your life!
Bathing suits are required. No T-shirts, shorts, or street clothes are allowed. Bathing caps are not required. The Plunge is not responsible for lost or stolen articles. All personal items must be locked into lockers. Locker rooms have heated showers. No food, drinks or strollers are permitted on the deck.
During Recreation Swim hours each child under 50" tall must be accompanied by an adult (18 years or older) into the water, (one child per adult), or pass a swim test.
No Coaching or Private Instruction Allowed.
Lap Swimming Etiquiette and Circle Swimming (with diagram)
Plunge Hours -
Youth (17 and under) $ 2.00
Adult (18 and over) $ 3.00
Senior Citizens (50 and over) $ 2.00
Adult Ticket Books (11 admissions) $ 30.00
Youth Ticket Books (11 admissions) $ 20.00
Senior Ticket Books (11 admissions) $ 20.00
Saturday only 1:30 - 4:00
No life jackets or flotation devices allowed in the pool
Swim for Fittness - Lap Swim
for ages 15+ proof of age or high school ID requird no exceptions
Monday - Friday 6:30 - 8:00am & 11:00 - 1:00pm
Monday - Thursday 8:15 - 9:15pm
Saturday 1:30 - 4:00pm
Sunday 11:00am - 1:00pm
No instruction is provided and no private instruction or coaching is allowed
RECREATION SWIM RULES
- No unauthorized private coaching or private instruction allowed
- Swimsuits must be worn (no street clothes, rash guards are allowed, but must NOT be red).
- No food or drink allowed on deck (plastic bottled water is okay)
- During recreational swim, each child under 50 inches tall must be accompanied into the water by an adult (one child per adult)
- No life jackets or floatation devices are allowed in the pool
- All guests must exit the pool building/facility 15 minutes after closing.
Private groups may rent the pool when it is not in use. For information on available dates and times please call the Facility Booking Office at (310) 618-5982.