GREEK CHICKEN, BULGUR PILAF & OREGANO ROASTED VEGETABLES
Watch Community Cooking Daily at 9:30 A.M., 10:00 A.M., 3:30 P.M. and 6:30 P.M. only on CitiCABLE 3
Greek Chicken & Salsa
6 pieces - 5 oz Boneless Chicken Breast
½ tsp salt
1 tsp group pepper
½ tsp flour
½ cup olive oil / canola blend
¾ cup diced tomatoes
6 oz artichoke hearts, chopped
¾ cup black olives sliced
¾ tsp fresh minced garlic
1 bunch green onion
1 tsp fresh julienne oregano
¾ tsp fresh chopped parsley
1 1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 tbl canola / olive oil blend
2 tbl feta cheese crumbled
1. Greek Salsa - Combine tomatoes, artichokes, green onions, olives, fresh garlic and herbs, add lemon juice.
2. Combine salt, pepper, paprika and flour. Dredge chicken in mixture till coated.
3. Heat sauce pan and add oil. Brown Chicken breast in oil for 3 minutes each side
4. Remove to sheet pan and finish in 375 degree oven for 12-15 minutes (internal temperature should be at 165)
5. Serve one chicken breast w/ 3 tablespoons of Greek salsa on top. Crumble ½ oz feta on top
½ cup diced onions
½ cup of diced yellow bell peppers
2 tbls canola / olive oil blend
1 cup cracked wheat bulgur
2 cups low sodium chicken broth
½ tsp ground black pepper
1 tbls fresh chopped parsley
1. Heat oil in heavy skillet over medium hot.
2. Add bulgur, onions and peppers.
3. Sauté for 5 minutes, stir in broth, bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes covered.
6. Fluff with fork and stir in chopped parsley.
Oregano Roasted Vegetables
2 fresh zucchini's
1 fresh yellow squash
1 red bell pepper
2 tsp olive / canola oil blend
3 tsp fresh chopped oregano
2 cloves of fresh minced garlic
1/8 tsp ground black pepper
¼ tsp salt
1. Wash all vegetables
2. Trim ends from zucchini and yellow squash. Slice squash into ¼ inch thick pieces.
3. Clean red bell peppers of membrane and seeds. Cut into triangles
4. In bowl, toss vegetables with oil, oregano, salt and pepper.
5. Place on sheet pan and roast in 450 degree oven for 12-15 minutes.
6. Do not over cook, vegetables will continue steaming after removing from the oven.
Andrea De Santis