Hungarian Creamy Vegetable Soup W/ Terragon & HUNGARIAN STYLE WIENER SCHNITZEL
Hungarian Creamy Vegetable Soup W/ Terragon
1 small onion, finely chopped
2 carrots, thinly sliced
1 parsnip, thinly sliced
2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
¼ celery root
5 cups water
1 tablespoon of Knorr chicken bouillon powder or 2 cubes (crumble into soup)
1 potato sliced
2 cloves garlic minced
8 oz package fresh mushrooms thinly sliced
3 tablespoons flour
1 tablespoon lemon juice
½ cup heavy whipping cream
½ cup finely chopped fresh tarragon
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
½ teaspoon salt or to taste
1. In a stock pot, sauté onions until golden brown. Add carrots, turnips, celery and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes, then add mushrooms, potatoes and sauté for another 5 minutes. Add flour and stir. Add chicken bouillon powder or cubes black pepper and stir. Then add water and stir.
2. Cook until vegetables are done to taste (10-15minutes) Stir and slowly add lemon juice and heavy whipping cream. Cook, do not boil another 1-2 minutes stirring constantly and add tarragon.
Hungarian Style Wiener Schnitzel
1 lb. pork loin, veal or chicken
½ tablespoon salt
1 cup of mil
1 egg lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon of milk
1 cup flour
1 15oz plain breadcrumbs
1 cup oil for frying
1. Rinse pork & pat dry with paper towel.
2. Slice meet ½ inch thick, pound slices and season with salt. Lay the sliced pork in milk for 15 minutes.
3. In 3 plates, put flour in one, egg mixture in 2nd and breadcrumbs in 3rd plate.
4. Bread the fork. First dip the pork in flour, then egg and lastly in breadcrumbs.
5. Oil 9-12" non stick pan on high heat.
6. Add port and fry 2 minutes on each side then lower heat to medium. Continue to fry an extra 5-10 minutes or until done. Lay on paper towel to take away excess oil.
7. Ready to serve with your choice of potatoes or rice. If you have leftovers, serve cold with your favorite salad or make a sandwich.