Window : Print
"Moqueca de Peixe" Brazilian Style Curry, Afro Brazilian Dish
Serving Size: 4
- 1 4 fish steaks
- 3 garlic cloves, diced fine
- 3 tomatoes, sliced
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 cans coconut milk
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 juice from whole lime
- 1/2 ginger root, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of dende oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season fish with salt pepper, garlic, cilantro and lime juice. Heat the olive oil on a deep dish fry/sauté pan and add the onions, sauté for about 3 minutes and add garlic and ginger, Sauté until aromatic.
- Add the fish, then layer on top 1/2 of the tomatoes and 1/2 of the bell peppers cover pan and bring to a simmer.
- Add the remaining tomatoes and bell peppers. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the dende oil and the cilantro and let it simmer for another 2 minutes
- Adjust seasoning and serve over white rice.
Scallop Ceviche w/ Mango & Coconut Milk
Serving Size: 1
- 1/4 pound Scallops -- 100 count
- 1/2 tomato, diced small
- 1/4 red onion, diced small
- 1/8 cucumber, peeled & diced small
- 1/2 inch of ginger, grated
- 1/4 cup of coconut milk
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/8 cup of cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup of mango, diced
- Lime juice as needed
- Add enough lime juice just to cover scallops and set aside.
- Dice tomatoes, red onions, cucumber and grind the ginger.
- Mix diced vegetables and scallops, add ginger, and pepper flakes then add coconut milk.
- Serve on an individual bowl, garnish with the diced cilantro
- Eat with Banana Chips or Popcorn