||Torrance Residents & Businesses without City Refuse & Recycling Services
Torrance Residents & Businesses without City Refuse & Recycling Services
For multi-family homes and businesses without City services, private haulers providing collection services in the City are required to offer recycling services. In addition, the State passed a mandate for commercial recycling that affects most businesses and multi-family complexes.
For more information on the commercial recycling mandate. click here.
If you need to etablish recycling services at your home or place of business, here are a few suggestions*:
- Contact your current refuse hauler: most can provide recycling services at an additional cost.
- "Shop around" for service options and/or prices with another licensed hauler: If your current refuse hauler cannot provide recycling services, Torrance is an "open" city for refuse services - they just need to have a business license. Here is the list of the refuse haulers currently operating in the City for your convenience.
Haulers' List (Commercial Solid Waste Haulers Business License List*)
- Contact a business specializing in recycling collections: There are some specialized businesses that just provide recycling services (not refuse collection). Some companies only have drop-off capabilities, others can offer on-site collection. See the list below, or try the phone book:
Full Circle Recycling 310-417-8211 or click here for their website.
- If you have specialized materials for recycling: Please call the City of Torrance Public Works Department for more suggestions at 310-781-6900. To exchange materials for reuse, contact the California Materials Exchange (CALMAX), a free service and listings catalogue at 877-520-9703 or click here to go to LACoMax or click here to go to Freecycle, a materials exchange local program with a Torrance chapter.
- Rock Tenn Recycling Center: 20502 South Denker Ave., Torrance, 90501, 310-533-0333. This recycling center has a drop-off area for recycling available every day except Sunday from 7:00 .m. to 5:00 p.m. and will accept all the materials that the City of Torrance takes in the City's curbside recycling program. Click here for details of those materials and other information. Please note they will take "donations" only as they will not pay for drop-off recycling items. They will take materials from both residents and businesses. Rock Tenn can pay for materials if you have an account, and can provide collection services as well. Please contact them at 310-533-0333 for additional information.
- Drop-off centers: For those willing to transport their own materials, there are several nearby facilities that will take a variety of recyclable materials. Some suggestions:
1. Walser's - 23145 Kashiwa Court, Torrance, at 1-310-891-3325 or click here
2. Potential Industries - 922 East "E" Street, Wilmington, at 310-549-5901
3. Palos Verdes Recycling - 26301 Crenshaw Blvd., Rolling Hills Estates, at
4. Recycle America Alliance - 19204 S. Figueroa, Carson, at 310-327-6362
- Transfer Stations: Listed below are some local transfer stations that are open to the public. Please call ahead for prices, accepted materials, recycling options or other requirements.
1. Republic Waste Transfer Stations*
2509 Rosecrans, Compton, CA 310-327-8461
1449 W. Rosecrans Ave., Gardena, CA 90249 310-527-6980
3031 E. I Street (also called Falcon site), Wilmington, CA 562-590-8531
*Per City contract, all Torrance residents can receive discounted City rates
at the above two Allied facilities with proof of residency (license or utility bill).
The rates are a minimum charge per ton. Please call for current rates and information.
2. Consolidated/American Waste Transfer Station (also called Republic)
1449 Rosecrans Avenue, Gardena, CA 310-527-6980
3. Bel Art Transfer Station
2495 E. 68th Street, Long Beach, CA 562-663-3670
4. Waste Management Carson Transfer Station
321 W. Francisco Street, Carson, CA 310-217-6300
- Businesses can click here for "Get Green" environmental resources.
* all information subject to change
references to specific businesses are not an endorsement by the City