Prior to purchase award, you may be required to show proof of coverage as follows:
- The Vendor must maintain at its sole expense the following insurance, which will be full coverage not subject to self insurance provisions:
- Automobile Liability, including owned, non-owned and hired vehicles, with at least the following limits of liability:
- Primary Bodily Injury with limits of at least $250,000 per person, $500,000 per occurrence; and
- Primary Property Damage of at least $100,000 per occurrence; or
- Combined single limits of $500,000 per occurrence.
- General Liability including coverage for premises, products and completed operations, independent contractors, personal injury and contractual obligations with combined single limits of coverage of at least $500,000 per occurrence.
- Workers' Compensation with limits as required by the Labor Code of the State of California and Employers Liability with limits of at least $500,000 per occurrence.
- The insurance provided by the Vendor will be primary and non-contributory.
- The CITY, the City Council and each member thereof, members of boards and commissions, every officer, agent, official, employee and volunteer must be named as additional insured under the automobile and general liability policies
- The Vendor must provide certificates of insurance and/or endorsements indicating appropriate coverage, to the City Clerk of the City of Torrance before the commencement of work.
- Each insurance policy required by this Paragraph must contain a provision that no termination; cancellation or change of coverage can be made without thirty days notice to the CITY.
SUFFICIENCY OF INSURERS AND SURETIES:
Insurance or bonds required by this Purchase Order will be satisfactory only if issued by companies admitted to do business in California, rated "B" or better in the most recent edition of Best's Key Rating Guide, and only if they are of a financial category Class VII or better, unless these requirements are waived by the Risk Manager of CITY ("Risk Manager") due to unique circumstances. In the event the Risk Manager determines that the work or services to be performed under this Purchase Order creates an increased or decreased risk of loss to CITY, the Vendor agrees that the minimum limits of the insurance policies and the performance bond required by this Purchase Order may be changed accordingly upon receipt of written notice from the Risk Manager; provided that the Vendor will have the right to appeal a determination of increased coverage by the Risk Manager to the City Council of CITY within 10 days of receipt of notice from the Risk Manager.