Visiting? Relocating? Check out the Torrance Advantage  Open Gov  Torrance Alerts

 TORRANCE california

City Attorney
 | FAQs

font size: A | A | A


If you are a defendant, victim or witness of a crime that has occurred outside the city limits of Torrance, please contact the appropriate prosecutorial agency of that city. If you have a question about a local law refer to the Torrance Municipal Code.  If you have a request for public records, contact the City Clerk.

If you are served with a subpoena to testify in court as a witness in a City of Torrance criminal case and require additional information, please contact our Criminal Prosecution Division at (310) 618-2740.

If you need legal representation in a criminal case and are unable to afford an attorney, contact the Public Defender's Office at (310) 543-4300.

If you want to obtain a restraining order to prevent domestic violence, you may go to the Torrance Courthouse's Domestic Violence Clinic located at 825 Maple Avenue, Torrance, California, or call (310) 222-6731.

If you are the victim of a crime that occurred in the City of Torrance and want to seek restitution, you should contact the Torrance Police Department to file a report.

If you have a question about a city service or specific city department, please contact the department directly.

If you have a question or complaint about code compliance or nuisance abatement, contact the Environmental Quality Division at (310) 618-5929.

If you have a question about zoning, contact the Community Development Department at (310) 618-5990.

For information about business licenses, contact the Business License Division at (310) 618-5923.