The filing period for the 2016 Summer Internship has closed, check back next year for information regarding the 2017 Summer Internship program.
Each summer, participating departments host projects designed to introduce undergraduate college students to professions in municipal government and to help them gain professional work experience. Start your professional network with access to seasoned professionals who are interested in your success!
We anticipate internship opportunities in the following City Departments:
City Manager's Office
City Treasurer's Office
Communications & Information Technology
How Do I Qualify?
- Must have completed two (2) years at a qualified academic institution in good standing.
- At least a 3.0 GPA.
What is the Schedule?
Participants in this unpaid internship program will be expected to commit to a six (6) to eight (8) week term of service. The schedule for this program is 10-15 hours per week to be arranged with the sponsoring departments.
What are the Benefits?
- Exposure to civic engagement and gain insights on programs/services in the community.
- Develop job skills, gain work experience, and build a professional network.
- Get an insider's perspective and find out what employers are seeking in employees.
- Enhance your technical and analytical skills.
- Attend special events hosted by the City and its affiliates.
*You could receive academic course credit toward your degree! Don't forget to check your university's policy on receiving academic credit through an internship!
For questions regarding the Summer Internship Program, call 310-618-2956.