4733 Torrance Blvd #547
Torrance, CA 90503
The following is the candidate's statement as it appears in the sample ballot.
A former management consultant and CEO, Cliff Numark believes in a common-sense government that treats taxpayers like customers.
A Watchdog for Torrance Who Gets Results
- Ensured realistic city budget projections
- Initiated energy efficiency programs to save $500,000 annually
- Saved $50,000 in Torrance economic development funds
- Successfully fought for city's fair share, nearly $11 million, in federal stimulus funds
- Teaming with school board for joint savings
- Fighting to protect city funds from the state
Focusing on What Matters
- Keeping public safety priority #1
- Fighting traffic and overdevelopment
- Attracting businesses and creating jobs
- Protecting the environment
- Supporting seniors and schools
- Making city government transparentand accountable
A South Bay native, Numark and his wife own a home in Torrance and enjoy raising their new son here. Numark serves on the boards of the Torrance Historical Society, Torrance Symphony and Madrona Marsh Foundation. Numark is the Director for the American Red Cross, recruiting nearly 400,000 Southern Californians to donate b.lo o.d annually.
- Torrance Firefighters and Police Officers
- Mayor Frank Scotto
- Councilmembers Gene Barnett, Pat Furey, Susan Rhlllnger
- All Torrance School Board Members
- Former Assemblyman and Councilman George Nakano
- Former Mayors Dee Hardison and Ken Miller
Please vote NUMARK on June 8.