Street sweeping is necessary to keep our streets and storm drains clean. Anything that is dumped into the storm drains will go to the ocean.
Street Sweeping Schedule
The streets in Torrance are swept Monday through Thursday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Some major streets and industrial areas are swept during early morning hours to accommodate traffic.
The City implemented a new optimized sweeping schedule on June 9, 2014. New No Parking signs for sweeping have been installed, and installation will continue through Spring 2016 until the entire City is posted. Click here for frequently asked questions.
Street Sweeping Schedule Maps
Street Sweeping Holiday Schedule
Street sweeping parking regulations are for the purpose of keeping vehicles off the streets so that street sweepers can have clear access and be more effective. Parking regulations are clearly posted and are enforced throughout the year except on the following days:
Click here for the schedule of holiday observed dates.
- New Year's Day
- Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Lincoln's Birthday
- President's Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
Cars parked in the posted areas during posted hours will be ticketed by the Police Department. For questions or concerns about parking tickets, call the Police Department at 310-328-3456. Click here for information on paying parking tickets online.
Rainy Days: Street sweeping may be cancelled on rainy days. If streets are too wet, sweepers cannot remove debris. However, it is advised that you always move your vehicle in accordance with the posted street sweeping signs.
Red, white, yellow, and green painted curbs are always enforced, even on holidays.
What can you do?
- Avoid piling leaves or other debris in streets or gutters.
- Properly dispose of litter, keeping it out of streets, gutters, and storm drains.
- Keep the street in front of your home dry on street sweeping days. Street sweepers are more effective when the street is dry.
- Don't rake, blow, or sweep leaves or other debris into the streets, gutters, alleys, or storm drains.
- Keep long twigs and branches out of the street, alley, and gutter. Street sweepers have difficulty removing this type of debris.
- Never pour oil, antifreeze, paints or any other liquids or hazardous materials in the streets, gutters, storm drains, alleys, or on the ground. Find out how to properly dispose of these materials on our hazardous waste page by clicking here.
Street Sweeping Keeps Debris Out of Storm Drains! Storm drains are meant to divert storm water from our streets and prevent flooding. They lead to the ocean. It's against the law to throw anything into the gutter like litter, leaves, pet waste, or auto fluids like motor oil or any liquids or hazardous waste. If these items are in the gutter, they will wash into a storm drain and end up polluting our ocean.