On May 5, 2015, City Council approved activation of Level 2 water requirements due to the severity of the drought and to meet the new state regulations.
The Conservation Ordinance applies to the entire City regardless of retail water supplier.
Level 2 -Water Use Requirements and Regulations
- Calls for up to 30 percent water use reduction
- No outside watering fro 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Outdoor watering limited to two days a week for 10 minutes per area or irrigation station
- Fix all leaks within four days
- No watering 48 hours after rain event
- Certain restrictions on filling and refilling of pools, spas and ponds
- Provides for administrative rules to implement the ordinance
Permanent Requirements In Effect at all Times
- No excessive runoff from outdoor watering
- No washing of exterior surfaces
- No washing of vehicles with "open hose"
- All water features must have a re-circulating system
- Restaurants to use water conserving spray valves
- Restaurants to serve water only upon request
- Lodging business must provide option not to launder linens daily
Remember the 2-6-8-10 Plan
2 Days a week
6 PM - 8 AM Watering Times
10 Minutes/area (watering station)
Water is a limited and valuable resource. Use it wisely and conserve for tomorrow.