54th Annual Armed Forces Day Celebration
This page will contain information specifically for members of the press. Members of the press must have an official press pass to gain access to the event sites and personnel. To request a press pass, please contact Sergeant Robert Watt at 310-618-5688 or contact Jamie Le at the Office of Cable and Community Relations at 310-618-5762.
PRESS KIT click to download
The City of Torrance Public Information Team will work closely with members of the media who are interested in covering the celebration. We will make every effort to fulfill your needs. Media representatives should contact Sergeant Robert Watt at 310-618-5688 or contact Jamie Le at the Office of Cable and Community Relations at 310-618-5762for further information.
During the celebration, media access includes:
Monday, May 13 through Saturday, May 18, 2013
- Access to parade planners from the Torrance Police Department, Traffic Division regarding planning activities related to the parade.
- Access to senior members of the Command Staff of the Torrance Police Department for statements regarding the role of the parade in the City and Police Department.
Friday, May 17, 2013
Day Prior to Parade Day
- Up-close access to military hardware static displays beginning at 10:00 a.m.
Saturday, May 18, 2013
- Media van parking available near reviewing stand (parking lot in front of City of Torrance Personnel Office, 3231 Torrance Boulevard) at the Media Information Center.
- Access to Media Information Center for press statements by the Public Information Officer.
- Team Access to Marshaling Area where media may have access to military equipment and other parade entries.